A popular remedy for facial lines or unappealing skin folds, Dermal Fillers (DF) is commonly used for chin, nose, lips and cheek enhancement. It is also injected to add volume to breasts and buttocks.
- Facial contouring and reshaping (nose, lip, chin, cheeks, under the eyes)
- Skin rejuvenation
- Skin brightening
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Regeneration of collagen
- Reduces prominent nasolabial folds (laugh lines)
- Minimises open pores
- Depends on treated area.
- Advisable to repeat treatment until expected result is achieved, or as maintenance.
- Slight redness will occur after treatment but will disappear within 24 hours, depending on the individual’s skin condition.
- Should bruising develops on the treated area, it will normally take 7 days to subside.
Expect mild irritation and pain around the bruises and the puncture marks from the injections. The pain should subside over a few days.
The best remedy for the pain is not to aggravate the facial muscles. Try not to have vigorous facial movements as the muscles will be weak and the ache will further increase the pain. The best healing condition is to wash with a soft, lukewarm cloth to keep your skin moisturised and fresh while aiding the healing process. Even without such measures, the longest you will experience pain for is up to a week or two weeks in rare cases.
The patient can continue with normal routine activities, but do note the following: Do not touch nor use makeup on the injected area for at least 1 day. Do not perform facial massages or treatments on injected area for 2 weeks. Avoid direct sunlight or extremely cold conditions in the 2 weeks after injection. Avoid hot showers for at least 48 hours after treatment.