Intense pulsed light treatment is very effective for hair removal. It essentially disables the hair follicles, making them incapable of producing further hair growth.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
IPL for Hair Removal
This therapy uses a high-density burst of light to reach the unwanted hair follicle. The hair rapidly absorbs this filtered light and transfers it to the surrounding cells that in turn are converted into heat, raising them to a temperature of 70 degrees Centigrade or more. The heating disables the cells making them incapable of producing further hair growth.
- Have a history of sensitivity to light-based treatments
- Have an active infection at the site you wish to be treated
- Have used Isotretinoin in the past year
- Are pregnant
- Removes and reduces unwanted hair
- Several sessions are needed to achieve desired results, varies from one individual to another.
- Advisable to repeat treatment every 3 to 4 weeks until expected result is achieved, or as maintenance.
- Slight redness will occur on the treated area and will subside within 5 – 7 days, depending on
After the first treatment, hair is removed and hair growth will be significantly slower.
The recommended interval is 4-6 weeks, up to at least 6-8 sessions for the hair to be reduced permanently.
It is a painless, easy and comfortable treatment as the device comes with a cooling system. But, you may feel a slight prickly sensation.